Pod Your Reef

Has anyone seen this ?????

Pgreco

no.

They used to (and probaly) still do have fresh water biotope sealed aquariums. Years ago when I worked at a "World of Science" store in the mall, we carried them. The plants need an EXACT amount of light or else they will explode in growth (OR DIE)and screw up the equilibrium, and all the water fleas kick the bucket if the temp gets too high. Its a cool novelty fer someone who is anal retentive boardering on neurotic / psychotic to keep them in perfect health, but it can be done. I think out of the 4 we had in the store, only one survived and was doing well (after I FINALY convinced the district manager to add a F&**&^%N 65K Floro twintube desklamp light over the display as they were "dying". She didn't seem concerned untill I later pointed out (in a very sarcastic and bold to the point of speach)... walking over to the display and exclaiming "One hundred bux, -hundred bux, - hundred bux, - hundred bux, MAN! it must be nice to be able to explain a 400.00 loss in 5 stores and then question WHY you didn't get a comission bonus this month !

True story... the B**%^*ch ACTUALY questioned why she didn't get her comission that preceeding month :woot:

All I can say it try it. maybe it will support the life. of course it will be tough to use a razorblade to scrape coraline alge off the glass

:D

and Stupidity.. PROTECT YOURSELF NOW !

Yeah someone gave me a similar environment for my birthday one year. I set it on a shelf above my monitor and the heat fried everything in it. For a few bucks, they replaced the animals inside and within weeks, winter hit and the second batch all froze. Oh well, it didn't give detailed enough instructions about the care and you tend to forget about their environment changes because you don't spend time doing anything to care for them from day to day. Now I have a pretty little spherical glass egg with some substrate, some kind of delicate looking dead coral, and a bunch of dead sea monkies. Oh well.

In junior high school, we had an assingment to take a large pickle jar and make one of those. Nobody's jar lived more than a few weeks.

I had a bluegill in mine. It was very stinky when I opened it.:x

Those are the cheap immitations of the eco spheres. I have had an eco sphere for 3 years now and I STILL have 2 shrimp left in it. It sits on top of my entertainment center, no added light at all. Its a great little thing to look at. The eco spheres are alot more expensive, but are well worth it if you are into a self sustained environment. I highly recomend them.

www.eco-sphere.com

not mine, this is a site pic

view.php?user=kaxter&file=eco.jpg

YEAH !!! THATS IT ECO-SPHERE !

thats what we sold at the store. damn expensive novelty.

stop it.... stop it stop it.... NO ! I will NOT click teh link to order......... NNNOOOOOSSSSSS !

Archived