Pod Your Reef

zoo's = eating flakes ????

arpanlib

hey all,

i was feeding the clown and the dottyback (thats a guess) flakes and one piece of the flake fell on the zoo's tentacle and it suddenly grabed the flake and ate it.

today i deliberately gave it the flake and he seems to enjoy it.

has anybody ever fed flakes to the zoo's ??? is it good or bad......... i mean what are the good sides and the bad sides of feeding them this flake food ??? hw many times should i be feeding it the flakes ???

thanx for the help.

arpanlib

I have a rock covered in zoos that have tentacles about 1cm long. I've seen guys eat flakes (spirulina and marine), frozen brine shrimp, and chunks of frozen shrimp (just over 1mm all around). I even saw them try to eat a peppermint shrimp carapace that drifted into their colony. Yikes. My brown button polyps don't really dig food, though. I think it just depends on the variety ... with (just a guess on my part) varieties that have longer tentacles being more inclined to eat.

depending on the brand of flake foods, yeah, they will eat them.

I use the "powder" in the bottom of the containers to feed a lot of the smaller polyps in my tanks sometimes they eat it, other times they take it in, close up, absorb the "juice" and release the solid remenants of the "flake" and usualy crabs or fish eat it.

Omega 1 seems to be well liked.

i feed them the brine shrimp flakes from the SFBB .........

they just take it in and close and when they open they dont spit anything out........ to add more, they seem to be fatter and taller and the discs seem to be wider......... so thats how i can assume that they are enjoying the meal.

arpanlib

I've got two rather common types of Zoos and they both enjoy a wide variety of foods (and are happy per the description above). I actually nursed one back to health that was a pale white by direct feeding of little pieces of TetraTabs!

Archived