Top Shelf Aquatics

excaliber protein skimmers

Bozu

i recently replaced my powerhead thats on my excaliber skimmer.....well originaly it came with a rio 800 but i bought an rio 600 not realizing it was the wrong one and threw away the box so i cant return it. my question is, will i see a difference in my skimmer performance?? the reason i bought a neew ph was that the skimmer really wasnt skimming.

what do you thing of the skimmer. is it good enough for my 15 and maybe in the near futur a 29 gallon????

I had a US Aquariums HOB skimmer that originally came with a rio 600R, I ended up replacing the pump with a rio800R and I saw a positive increase in skimming. Although my answer is in reverse to your question, I think you will not see an increase in skimming with the smaller pump.

NanoReefer53

The foam level isn't going to get high enough so basically it won't skim. On the output side u can try raising the tube so the water level inside the chamber will be higher. Last time I tried using a weaker pump when my rio800 impeller broke and it wasn't able to skim at all.

Archived