ReefCleaners.org

Leather troubles the sequel!

SaltyDawg

I have noticed that for the past 4 days my finger leather sinularus has shrunk to less than half its size and has stayed that way for the entire 4 days thus far. It is on the same rock as a toad stool leather. my polyp rocks have also stayed in a shrunken state and are just now starting to re emerge themselves.

I am worried about my sinularus now! It is normaly a realy briliant pink with little flowery looking polyps all over it and now it is just a shiney looking little nub?

every thing else in the tank is thriving including my pulsing zenia.

Thanks for any input you may have on this for me.

i still say you should run carbon and/or a skimmer.

have you tried to split that rock the two leathers are rooted to to separate them? maybe the sinularia has too much current.

i'm guessing there's a significant level of slime/crappie in the water column tho. is the toadstool a green one? or yellow or brown? if it's a green one (they tend to slime more) that could be the culprit.

as dave mentioned, a pic would help alot.

My toad stool leather Is a tanish brown color and my finger leather is a pinkish purple color. There is no slime in the colum that i can see floating . I will try fresh carbon tomorow when I go to the LFS. Thanks and I will get some pics of it up soon.!

Archived