Innovative Marine Aquariums

Best, last fish to add..

FishMaster1000

FishMaster1000

Whats up guys, I have a 28 bowfront and am looking to add one more fish. If you think this is a bad idea let me know. If i can add 2 more let me know. :) Well anyway it currently has a pair of ocellaris clowns and a bangaii. I am RELIGIOUS with water changes doing 20% a week. What fish do you think would be great to add? I would like something active/ colorful. Royal Gramma? Or Am I better off with something like a bicolor blenny. Well if this was your tank what would you add if anything! Thanks!

FishFreak77

I think that you should be able to add 2 more fish if you like. I would go with maybe a sixline and a firefish. I would add the sixline last though.

BustytheSnowMaam

I'm siding with a royal gramma- they have as much personality as a clown and it's fun to watch them dig out little "caves". Besides the fact they're so beautiful.

Tasha

They are beautiful, but I rarely saw mine. Pretty much when I fed the tank and after the 10K lights kicked off in the evening. How about a Yellow Watchman Goby? They're colorful.

Mel

FishMaster1000

I had a sixline get sucked up by my powerhead so am gonna try something different now...My tank is open top so I don't know if I want to go with a firefish. Gramma is still a possibility, but I would like a fish I know is out most of the time.. A yellow watchman is definitely a cool fish, but the last goby I had NEVER came out.. A hifin. Is a watchman like that? Also, with a watchman I would have to worry about it jumping as well, right? Wow, I need to make up my mind on what fish to add...

To be honest, I've never had a YWG, so I don't know it's habits. It's probably about the same as the Gramma though. You'll see his head all the time, but not much else. At least, that was my experience with the Grammas.

Mel

My vote would be for something that stays in the rockwork or close to the substrate since the clown and cardinals probably stay higher in the tank. The bicolor blenny is a great choice. Nice color and very fun to watch.

I've got a midas - it's great. Once he got used to the tank, he's out all the time. They're also pretty tough. He survived whatever wiped out the rest of my fish in a pump-related incident recently.

BTW, I don't know about bicolors, but my midas swims at the middle/top of the water column. Also, I think most blennies and gobies can be jumpers.

Archived