SaltCritters.com

Mushroom question with fixings

duckhuntboy

I ordered some zoos from logicalreef a couple weeks ago, and Bryan sent me a little guy blue shroom. After a week and a half or so, the zoos are looking really good, completely opened during my day-portion of my light cycle. The mushroom, however, has not attached, and does not look too healthy. Since I wasn't planning on this arrival, I don't know much about care for him. He is on some live rock at the bottom of my tank. He still gets some direct lighting, and is avoiding the flow temporarily because he kept getting blown off the rock, and started floating around.

Anyways, he arrived as just a ball, and since has flattened, and soon after, rolled on up, back into a ball. When he was crapping that white ###### all over after shipping, it was coming from underneath him. Is that supposed to come from the top of him?

So, I wonder if I placed him upside down, which is hard for me to tell, since he's just a ball, covering his mouth and his foot (or whatever it's called). I know he's still alive though, because he changes shape, and flattened today for a while. Like I said, after a couple weeks, he's still not attached.... What's going on? Is the guy upside down? How do I help him if I can't tell what side is up (since he's balled up?)

Sorry for no pics - no digital cam

-------------------------

Also, just an FYO, I bought a cerinth snail with a couple astreas even before I got my logicalreef order. The snail got picked on by the crabs, and he buried himself, and for the last two and a half weeks, I assumed him dead in the sand.... Nope, he un-buried himself today (after almost 3 weeks!) and looks like snails look.... Crazy.... That ever happen to anyone else?

Brian probably sent you a shroom he clipped from a rock as a freebie. Be glad as they are very easy to care for and blue ones are sort of hard to come by.

If he is flatening out then that means it is right side up. he will do this ovr and over again untile he atatches to a rock.

Place the shroom in a small tupperware or plastic container with as many whole as you can punch in it all over it.

Place some rock in their and then the shroom.

place the container in a light flow area. in about a week or so he should atatch to a rock. You can try LOOSELY wraping him to a rock with monofilament fishing line or cotton thread (white only) to keep it in place if you dont want to go the plastic bowl route.

As of now, I have a piece of LR with a shelf at the bottom pressed against the glass, to avoid flow. It still gets plenty of light. Will this suffice to get him out of the current?

I'm glad to know that this sort of thing is a somewhat normal occurance!

Well that will work too as long as you dont have any critters that would bolw him over snooping around and foraging. IE crabs snails ectect...

Archived