Top Shelf Aquatics

2.5 Just Born

jubilee597

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a couple of Pics of the 2.5 I just set up on my desk at work.

Equip. etc...

Perfecto 2.5 gal. (krylon fusion satin black on the back)

Custom made (by me) base & canopy

AC20 w/LR rubble

18w coralife 50/50 retro

Finnex 25w mini heater

Soon to be a digital Thermometer (I'm yanking the one in the pics)

Mag float mini (I'm yanking it too after I get a nimble)

2lbs Premium Aquatics Nano LR

2lbs Premium Aquatics Fla. Live Sand

LR Rubble in the AC is also from PA

Anyway here are a couple of pics. Let me know what you think.

post-7381-1154027952_thumb.jpgpost-7381-1154027989_thumb.jpg

Randy

very nice tank and base and canopy. any plans for the tank?

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Much appreciated.

rleon3003....By plans do you mean like drawings of the base and canopy with dims? If so then no I did not put anything down on paper. I just kinda winged it after I found the trim I wanted.

If you mean what i'm planning to keep in it then.......I think this will be a Fla. Ricordia & Zoa tank. Might add a purple or green striped mushroom rock. I think it will be easier to keep up, maintenence wise, without a fish but that is still up for debate. Anyone have any good ideas for a fish?

Randy

I normally don't like trim molding on canopies but you pulled it off quite nicely. Looks great.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I put this live rock and sand in 2 wks ago and have had no sign of any type of cycle on this tank. Do you think it's possible that this tank is good to go? The live rock and sand were only in transport 45 minutes max before it went back into the water.

There are some pods running around and a few small featherdusters that are open most of the time. Do you think it's ready to put a frag or two in?

Randy

Hey All,

I put this live rock and sand in 2 wks ago and have had no sign of any type of cycle on this tank. Do you think it's possible that this tank is good to go? The live rock and sand were only in transport 45 minutes max before it went back into the water.

There are some pods running around and a few small featherdusters that are open most of the time. Do you think it's ready to put a frag or two in?

Randy

I would let it cycle a couple more weeks

Archived