ReefCleaners.org

White Anemone?

Briar

I just bought an anemone that is white/translucent with purple tips. It was called a white anemone, but I can't find any info on them. Another name perhaps?

Bri.

i am pretty sure its a bleached purple tip anemone. one of the harder anemones to care for. i bought one for my AP12 not knowing about it and the LFS guy said it was a good anemone so, it died within 2 weeks. c if u can return it and if u want another anemone get a bubble tip anemone. one of the easier anemones to care for. good luck with it.

Yup Shiva, that would be the one. I am so irate. Other than the obvious impending violence, anything I can do for it? It was on sale for $25.... Must have sucker written on me somewhere.

Bri.

Yup Shiva, that would be the one. I am so irate. Other than the obvious impending violence, anything I can do for it? It was on sale for $25.... Must have sucker written on me somewhere.

Bri.

yikes! $25?! bummer. Condys around here go for less than $10. It is really pretty though. Maybe you can nurse it back to health? Good water, good light, good food... See if it'll eat. If so, I'd say give it a shot, and once it gets better with its color back sell it to the lfs that sold it to you for $40 since they won't recognize it. :happy:

Thanks for the advice Cyenna, I will do all I can to save it, but I'll keep it if I do because I get attached. Unfortunately I live in rural Southern Utah and I don't think I'll be seeing many $10 anythings around here. I drive an hour to get to the only 2 LFS in the area.

Thanks for the help guys!

Bri.

I was hoping to check Vegas next week. I hoped there'd be a few good places. But no wholesalers in VEGAS??? What's THAT about?

Maybe she will recover, make sure you have a good amount of light in your tank and also feed it a few times a week(personal experience, the only difference isthat here in PR they cost $3). Good luck

Pablo

reefkidsclownfish
it looks like a condi

yes, it's a Condy Haitian Anenome, and i was askin him if this is what his looks like.

I'm a her and yes, I think you are right. I think it is the Haitian Condi. Thanks for helping out, guys!

Bri.

The Propagator

I have NEVER seen a healthy condy in an LFS tank in 20 years in this hobby. Seriously. They all think OMG they need highlighting!

so the imediatly place it under the strongest lighting they have and never feed it.

Those two conditions will bleach them out quicker than you can say

bleached Condy.

They will thrive under pcs, NO ( in a shalow tank) , VHO and a shadey spot under MH. You have to feed them too.

They do not get all thier nutrients from light. ;)

• 5 months later...

Archived