Top Shelf Aquatics

PC Temperature Based Fan Controller

madness

I remember a few weeks back we were talking about installing quiet PC fans into a DIY hood. But, I can't find the thread right now.

I found a contoller that will turn on four fans as the temperature goes up. Below 25C, no fans, then at 25C, 30C, 35C, 45C the controller turns on another fan. Here's the link:

http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/525muladpana.html

Has anyone seen this? Would these temperature ranges work for a nano (or otherwise) hood?

it will depend on what your lighting is. 25C=77F 30C=86F, 35C=95F,40C=104F,45C=113F

i know my HQI gets WAY hotter than than so in reality you would be running all the fans all the time hence no need for the controller. kinda a neat idea, but i havn't looked to see what there asking but you could just get a icecap fan. with the variable speed sensor. JMO

It seems to me the temperature stabilizes not long after the lights come on, as long as the room maintains a fairly consistent temp. Therefore, the temp controller really serves no purpose, as soon as the lights get hot, it comes on, and stays on, until the lights go out. Just turning the fan on with your lights would produce basically the same results.

Archived