xM3THODx

Here are the specs:

Filtration: CRP Bakpak 2R w/ rio 800 for venturi and a surface

skimmer

Lighting: Homade canopy and light fixture made w/ Advance

ballast to light up 4 T8 flourescent bulbs and a

cut mirror for reflection

2 15w 65k coralife, 2 actinic 03 bulbs

water circulation by Protein Skimmer and another rio 800 positioned on upper back left corner of tank.

Inhabitants: Yellow Sarcophyton, Purple Montipora, SPS

Stylaphora sp., Candycane, Flat open Brain,

Frogspawn, Red and Green Mushrooms, Green

Ricordia( just fragged, but no pics yet)

Crocea Clam

Fish: 1 blue damsel

blue and red legged hermits and a few Astrea

snails.

Ther live rock is white because it's actually dead, but was seeded with live rock that hase corraline algae one it and will soon take over the dead rock making it live again. total weight is about 15lbs. About 3lbs of live sand was used.

I think that's about it. If you have any other questions please post them.

Here's a pic of the lighting.

Isn't it cool how that polyp planted itself there. I love it and can't wait until it spreads all over the clam. I'll post more pics when it does.

The tank was actually given to me from a co-worker when I used to work at Marineland, 7 years ago.

That's gorgeous, I love the way you set up the rocks. I rarely see that set up but it has a lot of potential for a scenic look with gsp and xenia. well thats what Im planning to do when i get a 10 anyway. Again, gorgeous absolutely clean and gorgeous looking.:D

you might want to put GSP or a encrusting gorgonian on it's shell for a REALLY cool effect. it will be like a clam with mutton chops :)

hey there,

i'm planning to have my green ricordia fill in the spaces in between the corals . i've already cut up my two ricordia heads and was able to get about 8 pieces out of them. I will post pictures as soon as they get a hold of the rock. Right now there covered w/ some nylon netting to hold them in place. I don't have any plans on buying other corals but will trade anyone locally.

These corals were originally from a 40gal that i just broke down because it was costing me too much in electricity, but now i'm enjoying this tank very much.

here's a pic of the netting over the small pieces of ricordia. I'm starting on the lower left side of the rockwork and will make it's way up toward the yellow sarco and then to the right. It would be nice to have some green stars, if anyone can frag a piece off of theiry colony i'd trade some for green ricordia.

I have a green open brain that looks just like that: very unbrainy and boring and just round. Will they look like that forever? I want a brainy brain.

Originally posted by chvynva916

I have a green open brain that looks just like that: very unbrainy and boring and just round.  Will they look like that forever?  I want a brainy brain.

what do you mean by brainy brain? How did the brain look when you bought it?

• 2 weeks later...

updated picture. I added some small frags of GSP and some brown sand polyps bought from my LFS for 11 bucks for both since nobody had anything to trade.

Here's an updated pic of my tank.

Added was: Pulsing Xenia Elongata, GSP, Green Zoos, Blue Shroom, Tiny sps frag( not sure what type). All traded for my 40gal glass tank i had, and plus I'll be getting more. I'll keep posting.

Here's a full tank shot

u can just cut up a ricordea like that?.......how do u do it?....i have 2 nice size green one that are still attatched could i cut them up to make more???

Unit,

You sure can cut them up just like that. Here are some steps:

1. Use a small saucer and add a little bit of water

2. Take your shrooms/rics and tak a new razor blade and start

cutting the bottom side. ( don't worry about being a little

messy w/ the cut. Pieces left from the cut will also grow back.)

3. Take the head that was cut off and cut them into pie shape or

little pieces.(Try using small sharp scissors, because of their

slime, it become a little difficult to cut after the first two cuts)

4. Place frags wherever you want and place a piece of netting

over them (just like the pics) and wait a few days for them to

attach to the rock.

They're pretty resilient guys so don't be afraid if they look or feel like your totally massacre-ing them. They'll survive.

Enjoy.

Archived