20 watt coralife 50/50 bulb

power head

Livestock so far:

5 snails not sure what type

1 hermit " "

macro algae

pods'n'things

aggregating anemone

I'm really excited about this tank. I will collect all livestock from the oregon coast (except maybe a catalina goby). The tank is in my wine cellar which stays 60 in the winter and 65 in the summer. I will post pics soon.

need more than one to aggregate :D
so are you donating one of your wannabe anemones?

gimme one too.

btw, nice vampire cat. stake it.

The tank is in my wine cellar which stays 60 in the winter and 65 in the summer. I will post pics soon.

I want a wine cellar :angry:

It's actually my parents wine cellar and there's not really any wine in it. We just call it that to make our house sound fancy. :happy: Yeah, I will probably get more rock, I might just use regular rock though (not live).

I went to the beach yesterday and picked up some more rock. Here are more photos:

FTS

DSC_0007.jpg

and a side shot

DSC_0014.jpg

Clean up crew members

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

the tanks is starting to look better already :D

jenniebutterfly

if you ever get to go to garibaldi or rockaway go to the beach, the jettys at rockaway have tons of pink and green anemones, when the tide is low you can find them in the pools or on the jetty. also lots of starts. not sure if it is legal to collect, but it sure was pretty to look at :D

Thanks Jennie. I'm almost positive rockaway is legal, and probably garibaldi too. The only places I'm sure it's illegal are Canon beach and marine gardens. Everything so far is from manzanita.

Sounds awsome.

I also live in Oregon, so this sounds like it would be a cool project. I would love to do one, but I don't have a way of keeping it that cold without costing too much. :D

If you ever go more south you should check out Yachats, it's one of my favorite places to go. It has some awsome rocky beaches and lots of tidepools. I think Newport does too if you find the right places.

Just a thought.

Good luck with the tank!

Archived