Innovative Marine Aquariums

Does anyone know about Kent marine 2 part nano-reef dose?

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

I just bought the Kent marine nano-reef part A and B supplements for my 2 gal because it is 2 drops per gallon instead of .16 drops per gallon like the other supplements. I know a lot of people told me not to dose my 2 gal but i am going to stuff it with coral and some hard stuff too so i need at least calcium...Does the before mentioned supplement system include all necessary elements and chemicals?

BTW the back only says:

Reef fishes and inverts placed into an aquarium regardless of size require the same water parameters found in the ocean in order to live, thrive, and reproduce,. Nano-reef part A contains all necessary major, minor, and trace ions in the proper rations to maintain proper water parameters in nano-reefs and other small reef systems: part B is an ionically-balanced buffer to part A that increases alkalinity and maintains stable pH This simple approach to reef care maximizes time spent enjoying the aquarium.

It doesnt say anything about iodine calcium strontium & molydbenum or any trace elements. did i just buy a stupid buffer?

no, there are trace elements in it, i use it. My coralline grows pretty quick now as do my corals. I have notice no ill effects using it. Like others said though, i would not use it on your 2 gallon. A waterchange is plenty on something that small. I dose a 15g with a 10 gallon sump/refuge and even I probably dont have to. I have some SPS and a bunch of lps so i do need the calcium.

Reef fishes and inverts placed into an aquarium regardless of size require the same water parameters found in the ocean in order to live, thrive, and reproduce,.

Your salt mix should do this for you

Nano-reef part A contains all necessary major, minor, and trace ions in the proper rations to maintain proper water parameters in nano-reefs and other small reef systems:

So does your salt mix. And doesn't this conflict with what they said right above? "Reef fishes and inverts placed into an aquarium regardless of size require the same water parameters found in the ocean in order to live, thrive, and reproduce"??

part B is an ionically-balanced buffer to part A that increases alkalinity and maintains stable pH This simple approach to reef care maximizes time spent enjoying the aquarium.

You also do this when you do a water change when you buffer your RO water.

Seems to me you are just doing things twice with this stuff.

It doesnt say anything about iodine calcium strontium & molydbenum or any trace elements. did i just buy a stupid buffer?

I think so ;)

If you think you need to add supplements, buy a test kit and test for the supplement first. If you just start adding supplements you can / will overdose your tank causing big trouble.

IE.

If your Cal. is good and you add more this will cause your Cal. to go up and your Alk. to go down. As the Alk. goes down the PH will change which will Stress / kill your tank life.

HTH.

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

Thanks, I am going to add a 5 gallon fuge. But my pom pom Xenia isn't pulsing much and a few hours after i added some iodine it perked up and started pulsing again. so I'm just going to add 3 drops a day instead of the recommended 4.

Thanks, I am going to add a 5 gallon fuge. But my pom pom Xenia isn't pulsing much and a few hours after i added some iodine it perked up and started pulsing again. so I'm just going to add 3 drops a day instead of the recommended 4.

3 drops a day is a lot for a 2 gal. Iodine can be toxic. If you need it it should be like 1 drop a week

15-and-6-GAL-NANO

not 3 drops a day iodine on the 2 part dose stuff it says 4 drops a day i will prob do 2-3 i guess since everyone is freaking out about it there must be some truth to what they are saying but i still think i need at least a half dose.

Seachem's Reef Plus is a good supplement.

I just use a little here & there, but mainly depend on waterchanges for trace element replacement, etc...

Archived