ReefCleaners.org

i killed a fish...oops!

bluereef

i introduced a common goldfish into my tank ,just to see what would happen.

Well as it turns out they cant survive, it swam right into the depts of one of my poisonous corals....ah well.

Do you think that if i had taken out the poisonous corals that it would have lived.

Umm, are you a dumbass?  Why would you add a FRESH WATER fish to a SALT WATER tank?

If we were to shoot you off into space without a space suit, I wonder what would happen.  I think we should try it.

NaNO ReeFiN
Quote: from bluereef on 10:53 am on July 5, 2002[br]Do you think that if i had taken out the poisonous corals that it would have lived.

Oh yeah, sure... it would've lived... for a long time to! Maybe up to 3 to 4 years even... my god!

NanoReefer53

actually i've seen them live for up to about 5 minutes in saltwater. I was at my LFS and they were feeding their predator tanks. There was a volitan lion that wasn't hungry so he didn't even touch the gold fish. It swan around for 5 minutes then it was finally eaten.

but why the dilio would u put one in just to see what happens ?

NaNO ReeFiN

I just read another one of bluereefs posts saying, "Take nothing I say seriously". So he's definitely screwing around, Metznreef was right.

second2n0ne

I had a Lionfish in a FOWLR tank and I would feed it goldfish once a week...anyways, I tossed in a goldfish and the lionfish immediately engulfed it and for whatever reason, spat it back out.  The GF lived and I decided to leave it in just in case the lionfish changed its mind...the next morning, surprise!  The GF was still swimming around!  I took the thing out and put it into a bowl and kept it around for a year or so...hardy SOB's!!

did you put hot sauce on the gold fish first? hmmmm....... marketing idea #34- hot sauce=salt water predator repelent

I bet a gold fish can live several days in a saltwater talk before it dies of dehydration. I'm not the one to find out though.

Guest LudavicoTechnique

We all do stupid things... I fall down the stairs about 3 times a week... no big deal. And it was just a goldfish. How many people here are the types that when they see a dying tetra at the store they start crying? I hate those people... maybe if it was a guppy...

NaNO ReeFiN
Quote: from LudavicoTechnique on 5:30 pm on July 5, 2002[br]We all do stupid things... I fall down the stairs about 3 times a week... no big deal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest LudavicoTechnique

They usually last about 20 minutes. Guppys seem to last quite a bit longer... I know friends that own a Big Als franchise... so they do all kinds of wierd test after hours.

man you are dumber than me and i ran into a wall today and broke my nose and have a huge black and blue cut lump thing on my head now. but your dumb a$$ put a goldfish into a saltwater tank i bet my 3 year old neighbor is smarter than that and my friends baby bro thats still in his moms stomach your stupid :moron:,Chris:D

Archived