Innovative Marine Aquariums

Questoins on feeding...

Iphantom

I have been feeding my fish flake food

I have a royal gramma and a P.clown a cleaner shrimp and I may get some sort or small goby at some point

what should I feed them?

How often?

how many flakes?

can I do live brine shimp every once in a while?

as for my cleaner shrimp he loves flake food but I was wondering should I feed him a block or half a block of freeze dried blood worms I would think he would really enjoy them

thanks

-Matt

first off, I would say that adding a goby will be too large a bio load for a 7 gallon.

that said, feed them flake, feed them brine, feed them frozen foods, doesn't matter. they will eat it all.

just don't overfeed them.

I feed my Clown Goby about 2 flakes of food about the size of a dime, every day. I make sure I break it up in to small pieces so none of it sinks to the bottom of the tank.

When a flake does make it to the bottom, some critter jumps out and eats it, nothing goes to waste...

Yeah what they said and what ever you do dont give the shrimp a block of food or even half! Thats waaaaayyyyy to much food. You'll have a aglae bloom in no time.....

Do a search someone asked the same question not to long ago. The thread has some good info on brands and types.

HTH

I currently put two flakes into the tank for the neon dotty. I would put a bit more when the perc was still with us. The reef lobster is my only other feeding concern but this guy is indestructible. Not sure what it eats at this point but it sure is large.

Archived