Top Shelf Aquatics

Fish Food From 1989!!??

Iphantom

I went to my LFS to pick up some marine fish food(I havent needed any because when I had my damsel he ate tropical food)

and all they had was aquirian marine flake fish food from Medley and it comes in a container like a cat food or tuna container

so I bought it and when I got home I feed my fish after that I decided to read the label and upon closer inspection read that it was from 1989!

now in my opinion this isnt good because the technology in this hobby from 1989 to 2003 has changed dramaticly

so what do you think?

is this bad?

is it ok to feed them?

should I go down to my LFS and make them eat it?

thanks

-Matt

Chances are, it won't hurt your fish, although the nurtients are probably lacking after all this time. I vote go back to the LFS and make them eat it. Or at least return it and buy something that's a little bit more than just unenriched white bread for your fish.

But are you sure that the food was made in '89 and it's not just the copyright or something on the label?

I bet it tastes better with age like good wine.

rather than eat it, try crushing it up and snorting it. If you get knocked on yer arse, I say keep it for your own consumption and get fresh food for the fish.

Archived