Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2 pics of plants and a hitcher coral?

Marlin

post-21171-1153274867_thumb.jpgpost-21171-1153274846_thumb.jpgpost-21171-1153274891_thumb.jpg

can you guys tell me what these are? I'm very curious to what the the little green circle thing is(middle pic)...I'm quite sure its new. The other pics im wondering about the plantlife. My tank is almost a month old and all kind of stuff is growing/turning colors. Thank you in advance

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

last one is ulva or sea lettuce. carefull, it get big quick, tears easy, and loves to clog up filter and pumps. :)

Thank you for your replies. The kelp (if thats what it is) is growing like crazy from multiple locations in my tank. 3 of my 5 rocks have it growing on it, and its growing rather fast. I also think i have ID'ed 2 more species of plant life from nowsnow's link...Halophila hawaiiana, and either Codium edule or Caulerpa serrulate.

Should i be worried about any of this stuff growing unchecked in my tank. If the red stuff is kelp, i see that its like $30 if you wanted to buy some from a store (can't be all bad?). Should i just leave it all alone?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

i'd leave em, but you will have to keep the ulva in check.

btw, tangs and other herbavors love ulva.

Archived