inTank Media Baskets

Azoo Mirror Bay or JBJ Picotope?

Wasabi

StrategicReef
I'm leaning towards the Mirror Bay because of price and the fact that it has more stock WPG. Is this the same HOB as that comes on the Azoo?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...mp;N=2004+22769

Any comments/opinions from those who have seen/used either or both is greatly appreciated.

I think the azoo is quite new so not much people might have used one.

I like the JBJ because it has got a the .5 gallon would be more stable.

But I like the azoo choppy but kind of worry the view might be too distorted.

but then the light is more powerful on the azoo, but most people would upgrade anyway. I would say go for it. The mirror back would be nice in a desk environment.

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah, for the money the Azoo looks like a nice deal. I like the bowfront Mirror Bay best. From looking at the dimensions of both tanks, I wonder if there really is a .5 gallon difference?

I don't want to dump a lot of money into it and the extra lighting on the Azoo will be helpful (probably more than the possible .5gal diff). The mirror background sounds cool too. All that for about $10 less than the Picotype. If only I could get the Azoo's lamp in black or silver and not one of the fruity colors. It would be cool if I could just get the Azoo tank alone and add my own lights/filtration. Heck, for $39 bucks though. I could probably just scrap the stock units or sell them if I don't like them and still have a low cost Pico.

Thanks again for the input.

I have an azoo........not that one, but I do have one! It's the Azoo Magic Box (2.5 gallon). I bought an extra Azoo filter so that I have two running to get some more water movement.

The lighting that came with it is supposed to be 9600K. But when it's burning it burns like a 50/50.....oh well, I just bought a new light for it.

Archived