inTank Media Baskets

anyone from india

arpanlib

hi all,

just wanted to know if anybody is from india on this forum.

maybe we can share more, like where to get stuff and things.

arpanlib

Hello!  Hmmm...I dont doubt it.

However, I am half indian :)

Seriously, I am.

India is a big place, even if someone from india were a member here, they'd probably live 100's of miles away from you.  Your better off looking at the local Business directory and finding all the places.  Then visit the fish stores yourself, get an idea of the good places.

Build friendship with the poeple working there.  It helps a long way.  

Well, I hope someone else might be able to help you more.

Welcome to the board, its really nice to have members from from all corners of the world. :)

hi sahin,

thanx for the warm welcome.

hey u r an half indian. its nice to know that. have u ever visited india???

in india, the LFS dont carry marine items. i have to call every thing from singapore. thats the reason i have a nano tank, coz nobody knows here how to keep marine fish. actually after one and half years of research, i decided to keep a marine tank.

also, the LFS guys here are not that educated, and i doubt that if they ever knew how to even keep a guppy, or if u asked them about the water chemistry, say PH, they would ask a 100 Q's back and ultimately project thats the customer is wrong.

getting thing like even good food or test kits of tetra, sera, or any other company is as difficult as finding a 100% cure for aids. now i hope u can imagine the scene here.

well do let me know more about ur self and the type of fish u have.

arpanlib

Nishant3789

hehe im indian, and no im not part of al quida (sp?) lol. awsome to see there are other indian reefers. i met a indian on this baord too once, i think his name was mickey. anyways, i have an uncle that lives in bangflore tahts into aquariums. he szaid he was planning on setting up a 150 gallon reef tank himself in his house. O and dude, there is a reefclub in banglore. where in india u live? well hth,

nishant,

oi yeah ps, there is a huge fishsteore in bombay i have heard. hth

hi,

ya, its nice to know that there are people from indian origin into this fantastic hobby.

i live in new delhi. i think that u r from the USA.

where is this uncle of urs in banglore. i would love to contact him.

the bombay store has no good equipments and after sales services. the fish are also cyanide caught. i have a fish tested from them and i have the medical certificate also.

hope this gives u a view, that how the fish store people operate by selling bad stuff.

arpan

• 9 months later...

I am also a proud Indian Reefer. From Delhi....actually close to Delhi...city called Yamuna Nagar. About 4 hours north of Delhi, towards Karnal and Ambala....

I am surprised to see a reefer in India. I remember when I got my first fish tank. It was obviously fresh water with some guppies and gold fish. I used visit my LFS everyday after school and you wouldn't believe it that he never ever told me about tank cycling or anything. I swear I have learnt more about this hobby in last 2 years than I did all my childhood....

But, Now I have a successful frehswater tank with minimal fatalities and all set for salt water in June after my visit to India in April.

arpanlib:

Do you have a reef tank with you right now in Delhi? How do you manage that? I mean salt, additives etc?

If you need small stuff from here (USA), I plan to visit India in April and that too to Delhi. I can probably bring it with me...given that my relatives leaves some space for me in my baggage.....:)

--Vishal

:)

hi vishal,

nice to see a indian reefer, but unfortunately you dont live in india. (or you live in yamuna nagar and just visit USA often. let me know more about you more.)

hey hey, am from karnal actually. close partners aint we ???

so what are you doing in the USA ??? are you studying there or you have settled there ???

my e-mail address is

libertye@nda.vsnl.net.in

will be very happy to talk to you.

as for keeping a reef tank here .......... you know india. i have to call for most of the stuff from singapore. but things have started to change and will be better within a year.

thanx for the offer and i will make full use of it and will surely tell you to get something for me if it is not much of a botheration for you.

hope to receive a mail from you.

happy to meet ya.

arpan gupta

arpanlib

waht is up d00dz

I visited Indiana once. I was going to stop in this place called New Deli that was under new management aparently. It was too dusty. I kept on going.

does that count?

Archived