SaltCritters.com

Custom Stand for Aquapod 24

TheNanoReefer

TheNanoReefer

Well I started on the canopy today at work (ya kinda slow today). I still have some work, but its looking good. I need to fill in some putty, sand it all down, etc. Especially on the front edges where you can see the side pieces butt up against the front. But it will look good when Im done..

Another thing I need to do is cut out the some "vents" on the 2 sides for the Sunpod 150w to breathe. Im leaving the back open and plan to put a couple small fans inside the canopy on the front wall and blow out towards the back.

sorry for the crappy pics, i didnt bring my camera today... so took a couple snapshots with my cell

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

its going to be a tad bit wider than the stand is, but I made is as thin as I possible could. There is basically about an inch and half of room on either side of the sunpod on the inside. Just enough for me to get to the power switches.

Im getting excited. I plan to finish it all up this week and just might get to go LR shopping soon.

TheNanoReefer

well i was thinking, this is going to be a pain to feed the fish, etc. So I decided to make an opening and I added some trim pieces to cover up some crappy wood cutting on my behalf.. lol

in the picture i have something propped behind the lid, but it actually opens all the way and lays flat on the roof of the canopy. The opening is about 13" wide and about 6" deep. But removing the canopy really wont be that big of a problem when need more room

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

why is your canopy so wide? is it because of your lights?

i would have made it the same width as your stand.

it looks awesome, but it does look alittle top heavy.

cant wait to see the aquarium with critters. :)

TheNanoReefer

i made it litterally as thin as I could. The sunpod is a little wide. There is about 1 inch of space on each side of the sunpod to breathe. I couldnt make it any skinnier.

im gonna be painting the office this weekend (not that orange color) and finishing up the stand/canopy. I gotta do a final finishing sand on the stand and stain the canopy and im ready to do my cycle i believe.

btw, thats another bad picture. the stand looks really dark and its not really that dark, dont know why it looks like that in the picture.

Archived