Top Shelf Aquatics

I love my powersweep

chvynva916

I know flames are coming but I just wanted to let anyone thinking about a cheap wave simulator how much I like my powersweep. I know people get upset when the gears stick. Its been six weeks and finally the gears got stuck yesterday. I took it out, and cleaned it and it worked fine again. The whole thing took less than five minutes. For a cheap wavemaking powerhead under $20, I don't think that's so bad. It is a little bulky and big, but it doesn't make a lot of noise like I've heard.

Great flow. The only complaint I have is that the sweeping motion is completely dependent on the strength of the flow which is adjustable. It sweeps too fast on higher flows IMO. Mine is set to the max flow and total period of flow is around five seconds. With minimum flow I think it is much longer like around twenty seconds. I would think you could make a gear which flowed slower, but I haven't tried anything.

Yeah, I bought a couple Powersweeps before Xmas and had to clean them for the first time last night. I stuck them on and my corals have come alive. (so to speak!)I would suggest, for anyone considering them, get the largest you can afford and turn them down, so the sweep is slower. Flames are not deserved on this one guys, you have to clean out and maintain any other powerhead anyway right?

Good overall product IMO.

;)

E

I have to agree I love my powersweep too and so do my corals. My alveopora and Xenia look there best when the powersweep is on them. I'm planning on adding another one and maybe replacing all my powerheads with them. They are a great alternative to wavemakers.

I've got one, too. I agree with erik that you should try to go with the more powerful one so you get a slower sweep.

I've had it for about 2 months now. Mine has got some funk growing on the directional nozzle thingy, but I haven't had any problem with it sticking yet.

I have to say that my galaxia, hammer and xenia all look much fluffier since I got the powersweep. ....of course it could have something to do with my old powerhead crapping out for a week or so before I noticed it. ???

The only complaint I have about mine is how far it sticks out from the wall it's attached to. I would imagine that you might have to angle it in a smaller tank.

I have the 228's once the prefilters clog, the flow drops to like the smaller ones. I have a 228 in my 37, it nasn't stopped rotating for more than an hour at a time in the last 5 months. I had to scrape all the coraline off the rotor finaly this week. I put it back in, it didn't want tp rotate LOL.

Silly me. I forgot to line up the swivel pin. :rolleyes:

the suction cups still suck...... SUCK ASS that is.

Worst Episode Evar....

-Comic shop guy. The Simpsons.

freakaccident

I agree on the suction cups sucking nothing but ass. I got tire of mine falling off. I switched to a different ph altogether. I really want a wavemaker and three or four mini phs.

my powersweep is good in my fw tank hasnt stoped rotating and the suction cups actually work i ended up taking it out cuz i lost 3 fish to it in the last 6 months so i decided ill save it for when my fish get bigger so they dont get killed,Chris

I was like all of you guys.... "I love my power sweep," until I found out that the power sweep was the cause of my heat problems. Now I use my power sweep 214 to mix 5 gallons of salt water, it heats the salt water to about 85 degrees :o

I haven't had any problems with mine. The corner its in is warmer, but I'm not sure how much it affects the rest of the tank. The only thing I don't like about mine is the size. It's huge compared the the mini jet.

I've had mine for a year now, and they still sweep. Sometimes better than others =). I have 2 of the 214 types, and they don't seem to move that much water in my 20L. However, they were great in my 10g.

lol you didn't KNOW that the ZOO-MED Powerstucks had built-in heaters? ...... wow...

I feel a macro image comming on...

:D

wowurafntardclean.jpg

PS: J/K its sarcasm heheheheeeee

Good idea JPF, beats the "taken 'em apart and using a toothbrush" method!!

;)

E

PS. Just make sure you run them in freshwater again before putting 'em back!!!

Archived