inTank Media Baskets

My Dream 53g Tank

dantwenty2

I have been on here forever now it seems. (2 yrs!) Its finally time to let everyone see my tank. Its definately had its ups and downs. Here is my little diary.....

post-11124-1152847605_thumb.jpg

post-11124-1152847628_thumb.jpg

its a 53g acrylic tank made by so cal creations. below i have a 20L set up with three chambers. intake, refuge, then ASM mini g skimmer and a mag 5 as my return. i chose to go with hamilton lighting consisting of 1-250W MH and 2-96W actinics. i also added moonlights. Livestock is as follows:

-several different zoos

-pink, green rics

-bright red mushrooms, red/green mushrooms, purple with blue dot mushrooms, green fuzzy mushrooms, and the normal purple and red ones.

-lobophilia (pink/green)

-orange cap.

-red cap.

-purple w/green polyps acro.

-neon green candy canes

-pair of true percs

-goby/shrimp pair (randalli)

-six line wrasse

-1 conch

-too many ceriths, nass, astrea, and 1 turbo

-bunch of hermits too

please tell me if there is anything you want to see or if you have any suggestions, or even if you want to trash talk my tank!!!

Obsessed Reefer
i would tank him out...he could sting your fish.

just think of finding nemo :-)

Very Nice. I 5th'en the request for a Full Tank Shot :P

HOw long is your metal halide fixture? Are you happy with it so far? If I

may ask how much did you get the fixture for? Nice looking tank btw :)

~mAzDa

its the 3ft protostar light from hamilton. i love it so far. and for some awesome reason it was on sale for 499.99. so i think i got a pretty good deal on it. thanx for the questions....

here are a couple more pics. one is straight on showing the sump and the other is from the right side. ill try to get a better cam to take some better FTS though...

post-11124-1153030859_thumb.jpg

post-11124-1153031105_thumb.jpg

thanx, i think the right side with the little island/bridge is a little plain. not sure if i want to add more rock or just more coral. any advice??? thanx

Id try and add another large piece o rock on top of the right side bridge to make it look more like a mtn...Other than that awesome aquascaping

swwet thanx for the compliments. i had the idea for two separate areas for a long time. my plan was to have more aggressive thigs on one side and less aggresive on the other, but i like the way it worked out. thanx again...

thanks again for all the compliments. im thinking about adding a clam so if anyone is willing to sell me theirs and you are around the glendale area i want it! thanx

ps ill have some new pics up soon, i got a lot of new things..... :D

shao-lin nano
no prob, the FTS will be up tonight. the dimensions are 41x18x18

According to RCs Tank Calculator, 41x18x18 is 57.5g not 53.

Are you subtracting the space taken up by the overflow box and the thickness of the walls or did I miss something :blink: ?

Archived