Cultivated Reef

superbuffer or just instant ocean?

me03

Anyone out there have any imput on whether a nano using RO water and Instant Ocean saltwater mix should be dosed with Kent Superbuffer-dKH? If dKH is steady 9-11? or Regardless? Is extra buffer good? or does IO and weekly water changes keep things stable enough? What would be best for coraline growth?

bump

if it ain't broke, don't fix it imo.

IO is a little deficient in calcium imo so you may want to dose a calcium supplement but if the dkh is fine there's no reason to mess with it. once you start dosing ca you should keep an eye on the alk tho.

I would recommend any one who is starting to dose to use B-ionics two part alk/calc. It keeps the guess work and struggle out of balancing alkalinity, calcium, and ph. My personal experience when switching to this product was coral growth, as well as a ton of coralline growth. My dkh is at 11 degrees, and CA is consistently at 400 or above without using kalk or any other products. No, I don't work for ESV!! Just wanted to share my opinion on one of the few products out there that I really believe in related to reefing, there is a lot of crap on the market, and it is good to see one that lives up to its claims.

Archived