Pod Your Reef

New Pico too!

llpoolej

We were in the LFS a few weeks ago and I couldn't resist this cute little tank. I have moved a few frags from my 65. Those yellowy green polyps that are super aggressive and a green tree coral that was getting edged out by a couple much larger corals

The leather seems much happier so far.

It is just one of those 1 gallon kits, can't remember the brand name. I will probably change the bulb to a 9w, but, this should do for the time being. I figure I will just do a bunch of water changes, no big deal on such a tiny tank

81088988-M.jpg

what lighting are you using and what type of tank is that?

It has a 7w PC that came with it. It is a 1g kit, which I can't remember the brand name. It isn't Azoo, as they were glass, this one is acrylic. The corals in there are not super light hungry corals and I can easily feed them to keep up with their demands

that's an awsome lil pico! :)

Thanks! I have been reading here for awhile, trying to figure out how to make things work smoothly

My 65 is pretty much on autopilot at this point. It is a few years old and reached that point of easy stability. With a 20L sump on it, it has enough water to just need a bit of topping off, B-ionic and the occasional water change. Granted, I run a good skimmer and carbon and have lots of little cleaning animals

This little one ought to be fun :)

are you planning on adding sand or just gona keep it barebottom? regardless nice lil tank.

I plan on keeping it barebottom as it is fairly easy to suck the dirt off the bottom with a turkey baster.

And yes, that is the little tank I have :)

Does the spraybar provide enough water movement? becuase you might want to add a small powerhead such as a Microjet.

Archived