Cultivated Reef

will coral beauty eat nori??

SeaFish

i am trying to combat ich on my coral beauty. the thing about my coral beauty is its not an aggressive eater so most of the garlic soaked fish food ends up getting taken by sabae clown and neon dottyback the moment it enters my reef tank. i was wondering if coral beauty eats nori and if so can i soak it in garlic and let it pick the nori. is this possible??

They have that Frozen Angel Formula out there now. in little cubes. I noticed my angel was the only fish that would touch it when I put it in the tank. If you can get that it might do the trick.

freakaccident

Nori is cheap so give it a shot. Cut it into little strips though or the fish will rip it off and it will get stuck behind a rock or something.

Another idea to get rid of the ich is to try the Marc Weiss Coral Vital. I have heard and they claim that it gets rid of ich. I know it makes my coralline grow very fast. At least you will get something out of it. Hit the link below to read about it.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=Marcweiss

I used Marine-max to treat a light ich infestation on a Centropyge flavicauda. I also fed food soaked in garlic (and still do). Treatment seemed to worked fine, no ich, no death, and it has never returned.

I haven't had much luck getting and Centropyge to eat nori....but I still try. They do love the frozen spirulina cubes....and I have seen these frozen cube feeders that have a cage to hold the cube but allow the fish to pick at it...you might try one of those too.

what does NORI have to do with disease? ???

I skipped this post BECAUSE it was a simple YES reply, but now that I read it, I see you are asking a completely unrelated issue. THe afore mentioned garlic oil extract and the Marc Weis Coralvital are both good. as well as.....

ummmm... ( PING ! oops something snapped... ) A quarintine TANK. is the fish new? if so, it should NOT be added to a display tank right away unless you can verify that it is indeed paracite INTERNALY and EXTERNALY free. 2 WEEKS. minimum observation. varoius medicatoins and anti paracite aids are on the market.

They are available for said reasons.

IF the fish has been in there a while, it could be devloping "Stress ich" in which the environment is NOT up to par or the fish is stressed and makes it succeptable to attack.

AGAIN,

FWIW, Preliminary research info more. Many simple questions can be answered if you just take the time to read a few books and then come online, search, and look around, and ask for clarification as to course of action and effects rather than broad expansive questions.

HTH.

Archived