Coral Vue Hydros

Tai's 2.5g

Taikimoto

theres someone on here selling 35w MH lights. ill find his name. hold on.

EDIT:

gotboostedvr6 his sig says

I have metal halide pendents in 35, 70, 150, 175watt in 8k,9k,10k,12k,14k temps pm me.

i pm'ed him about this and he replied:

complete ready to use pendents go for $134 brand new

i dont know if its just the pendant or everything needed. i think 35w would be good for a 2.5g

If it's not broke, don't fix it. I wouldn't switch to metal halide if I were you. You have plenty of light over the 2.5 gallon. I used to have a 2.5 where I successfully maintained and grew sps under only 20 watts of light. Leave it.. it looks good.

Well, the main reason I would really want to switch is to provide a little more light for my SPS I have in there, namely the pink birdsnest. In fact, its not really pink anymore, its browned out under the PC's, same with the orange montipora. However, the polyps on the monti are still a nice looking purple, Im going to change out the lights (going on 8months) and see if anything improves, if not I will reconsider the MH's.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update with some pics. Everything is fine, saw the tank looked pretty good when I got home so thought I would snap a few pics. Enjoy!

Full Tank Shot:

fts111006.jpg

Right Side Polyps (anyone have a name for them by chance?)

rightside111006.jpg

Right Side

rightside2111006.jpg

Left Side

leftside111006.jpg

Red/Silver/Green Polyps (also anyone have a name for them?)

redsilvergreenpolyps.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
v13tpR0t0t1p3

i must say, that is very creative of you. i never new wat creative things you can do with a 2.5 gallon, i hope to do something like that

Just a quick update with some pics. Everything is fine, saw the tank looked pretty good when I got home so thought I would snap a few pics. Enjoy!

Your tank is great. Do you do anything to your water?

Thanks B)

Hello all. The tank had a massive caluerpa crash, and Im still in the process of rebuilding it back up. Got most of the corals back into it, letting things grow back out and i'll be posting some pics soon I hope.

Well, after a very long time, I think I have the tank to the point where I would actually want someone to see it. I still have ALOT of work to do, but I figured I have kept yall waiting long enough.

About the pic: I plan on putting the LPS back into the tank (frags from the ones that used to be in there since those are full colonies now) and try out some new ideas I have floating around.

I plan on filling in the left and right sides a little more, prolly with some colt coral frags.

Anyways, enjoy!

FTS071807.jpg

• 5 months later...

My ISP changed my IP on me, so I edited the last few pics posts to show what the tank used to look like.

I have a new plan for the tank, I will be making a foam aquascape. The reason is that in 3 years and such a small tank, it has just grown too much, time to change it up a little. I should still have the same corals just a diff rock config. I want to dabble in the foam rock method also and possibly scale it to larger tanks. Updates to come in a week or 2.

Archived