inTank Media Baskets

Some pics of my 65g

ACBlinky

Thought I'd post a few just for fun, here's my 65g :)

FTS:

P7080007Medium.jpg

One from the side -- the tank is in a book nook, so it's hard to get a pic:

P7050019Medium.jpg

Zoas:

P7050007Medium.jpg

Acan. echinita, paly & zoas that hitchhiked in on some Fiji LR:

P7050009Medium.jpg

My favourite zoas:

P7050003Medium.jpg

The tank is BB with no sump or fuge. Everything's pretty simple:

2 MJ1200 PHs, 1 MJ900 (behind the rocks)

AquaC Remora skimmer

Rena FilStar XP2 canister filter

302W PC light (96W actinic, 96W 10000K, 2 x 55W 10000)

100lbs LR (Fiji, Kaelini, Indo, Haiti)

No sump or fuge, but there is a mesh bag of Chaeto in the back behind the rocks.

Enjoy!

travisurfer

neato! seriously though thats a nice looking tank especially with the modest lighting you have. cant wait to see it completely filled.

Thanks! :)

The tank is running very hot right now despite a/c and a fan over the lights and since going BB the nitrates have gone up (apparantly this will balance out given time), so a few of the corals are bleaching. I'm doing my best to baby them with spot-feeding and water changes, hopefully they'll stay healthy through the summer.

• 2 weeks later...
wwildcats04

your tank is absolutely stunning! I love the wall that you have going on with the LR and the angels, have you noticed their lack of respect for a reef yet or no. I always toy with the idea of getting an angel of a sort for my tank but have no clue as to which one. wow, you have 10 fish in there... whats your WC schedule like? My tank has the same foot print as yours but about 4" shorter. check it out its still a work in progress though. the bubble is reallly nice looking, reat job!

Archived