Pod Your Reef

Sick ClownFish, not sure whats wrong

nazerine

Over the past three days, something has become wrong with my little clownfish.

Three days ago, it started swimming oddly, but it didn't seem too out of the oridinary, because this clownfish is a little gimpy at times swimming everywhere. Yesterday, it was nowhere to be seen, and was hiding very well in some rocks... It then emerged, and was having trouble swimming, with a small amount of decay of one of the front fins .. and on the opposite side, almost like a brown smudge on the back half of the body....

So now today, it has been hiding for the most part. But keeps comming out and swimming, with too much effort to be right. It appears as if just a pie cut of the fin has become clear... ? I have tried to take a picture, and I will attach the one that came out the best...

It has been eating more or less the last three days, but not in the normal piggish manner (right out of my fingers) .. I have had the fish for about 5 weeks now, and my other fish (just one firefish) shows no signs of the same symptons....

Please help! :(

Edit: All my params and where they should be, I watch it everyday. nitrate 0, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, sg 1.024 .. 79.8F

post-19190-1152313645_thumb.jpg

i'm going to borrow your thread as mine is kinda going through the same thing.

mine isn't eating like a pig anymore and hiding really really well inside the rocks.

his swimming is very very weird, like he's having a hard time moving his pectoral fins, he can't swim straight very well either. not sure of fin decay though. could this be the final stages of ich???

Archived