Top Shelf Aquatics

Want to get a pico for my desk @ work

Phixion

I'm torn between the MiniBow 2.5, or the JBJ Picotope. Both seem nice from what I've read. It guess it's a mater of if it's better to have a covered top tank vs. an open top. Of course if I got the MiniBow I'd outfit it off the bat with the CoralLife 50/50 PC unit, because incandescent is a joke for saltwater lol! I'd plan to have some zoas and maybe a shroom or two in it. Eventually perhaps a small goby of some sort. What's the concensus on the MiniBow 2.5 or the JBJ Picotope? I'd almost lean more for the MiniBow as the hooded top would be less distrating from a lighting standpoint. Ideas and/or suggestions?

depending on where it sits at work -- a hood might be good to keep 'crap' outta the tank. I have a hood AND it gets locked up in my overhead cabinet at night to keep people from messing with it.

irishtexan

I would go with the MB. It has a hood and looks nice, and you won't have to get a light fixture to fit it like you will have to with the Picotope cause the light it comes with is crap. Also, doncb's pico is really awesome. Here is a link.

I would do his exact setup, lighting wise anyways.

texan

ps- for fish you could do a clown goby, or a red headed goby, or a trimma goby(neat fish), or a fish that stays about the 1 1/2in long.

Sounds like MiniBow is the way to go then. Well I shouldn't have the heat problems with it that my AP12 here at home has, especially since the office is ALWAYS A/C'ed to like 72 or colder it feels, lol! But first mod I'd do to it like I said is the CoralLife 50/50 PC upgrade.

Archived