Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nice!

Stevej72

I agree. Now who's got the knowledge to teach me how to set up a prop tank? I want to do a 20l prop tank in a couple years (after I get more money rolling in).

I agree. Now who's got the knowledge to teach me how to set up a prop tank? I want to do a 20l prop tank in a couple years (after I get more money rolling in).
*cricketschirping*

i guess it depends on what you want to propagate/aquaculture in the 20L. softies, stonys, mixed, anenomes, fish, rock, etc.

as with anything, the answer depends on the question.

RayWhisperer

Don't PM it, start a new topic discussing it. Heck, maybe you could get a sticky on this forum for the basics of hobby aquaculture.

Just my $0.02.

A sticky would be nice.

We also need a sticky in the beginners' forum on setting up a new tank. One that would cover all the "problems" that beginners experience (brown algae).

DementedLullaby
We also need a sticky in the beginners' forum on setting up a new tank. One that would cover all the "problems" that beginners experience (brown algae).

Not that it's a bad idea but from my experience modding other forums stickies won't help. Most people that ask silly noobie questions aren't inclined to do any research beforehand, which usually includes reading stickies.

Irritating.

/glove slaps them all

I'll have to post up my 20g long prop tank.

Just made a bunch of frag disks too, just need superglue & sand.

Speaking of this, how exactly does one go about attaching frags w/superglue gel?

Can it be done underwater? Do you take the frag and whatever you're going to attach it to out of the water, glue it, wait a minute & then put it back?

I've never done this before, but am interested in the process.

How is it that the chemicals in the superglue gel don't harm reef inhabitants?

(Sorry if that's a stupid question, I just don't have any experience w/this.)

Speaking of this, how exactly does one go about attaching frags w/superglue gel?

Can it be done underwater? Do you take the frag and whatever you're going to attach it to out of the water, glue it, wait a minute & then put it back?

I've never done this before, but am interested in the process.

How is it that the chemicals in the superglue gel don't harm reef inhabitants?

(Sorry if that's a stupid question, I just don't have any experience w/this.)

I take it out pat the LR dry then glue the new coral wait a minute then put it back. I have tried to do it under water but it never worked for me. and you do need the GEL superglue.

Thanks, Stevej72.

I just got some Superglue gel last night to have on hand for my first experiment into this area!

The first time I glued frags onto rocks, it was some free-floating zoas. I glued them on mouth down. Needless to say, none made it. That was my first coral, 4 years ago. lol

Yeah, I'm scared I'll do the same thing, halfpint! lol.

I'll just have to look veeery carefully until I'm more used to it. I'm pretty good about that anyway.

Archived