Pod Your Reef

Clown wart, need help with options

CHASDB

Hi all. My Ocellaris Clown has a bump on her left cheek. I got a pair 6/23 from my LFS. They both looked and ate as in very good health. 6/26 I notices a few white bumps, the next day it looked like there was some swelling. I read up on Ich. I also talked to the owner of LFS and he didn't think it was Ich but really could not help unless I brought in the fish. At first I thought he was stung by frogspawn that they are hosting. Another reefer said it may be from a bristleworm. It seems to have gotten a little bigger and the fish is swimming (treading water) verticly. The fish eats but not as energiticly as before. 7/6 I put fish in 10 minuite dip of Ruby Reef HydroPlex which is for treatment of Bacterial and Parasitic Infections. After putting fish back in tank, fish hid in rock work but came out later, probally was really stressed. I have been feeding frozen formula one, frozen mysis shrimp or formula one flake. The frozen foods I soak in garlic and as of yeasturday Selcon also. Any ideas? :huh:

WART.jpg

nice dude, Selcon is good stuff! EXPENSIVE! But, good stuff, nonetheless.

Yup, looks like he ate a BW to me, whatever it is, it DOES NOT look like Ich to me.

D

nicefishie98

ick, had a nano cube and a ocellaris clown, mine had ich it looks like yours does too,unfortunately he died.

ask your lfs

Thanks for the replies. I believe it's lymphocystis, a common viral infection due to trauma to the skin possibly by handling, parasites or aggresive behavior. The nodule got larger, up to middle of the white stripe and has been receding for a few days. There are a few new white spots near the eye now, hope it's not the start of itch. I'm already treating a Tang in another tank with Kick-Ich. I think I'm going to call a pet psychic to see if they can tell me what hurts! ;)

dj- yes kick-ich is reef/ invert safe. I haven't seen any adverse effects in either tanks. I just started dosing Wed and there are fewer dots on the Tang already. We will have to wait and sea if this is a cure or the blemishes have just temporarily disappeared. It is a 14 day treatment. Hopefully there aren't any side effects like being unable to spawn as with copper remedies. It seems it's harder to diagnose the problem than finding a suggested remedy.

Flatworm Exit is claimed to be reef safe but after dosing last week I noticed several small dead hitch-hiker serpent stars but everything else: seabea anemone, nass, margerita, certh, hermits are ok.

djchristone

lol damn...that's prolly a hella lot cheaper than the uv sterilizer i just bought :P hm...no offense to you but i'm gonna ask about kick-ich in gen. disc. just to see what other people say too ;-)

djchristone

will definitely :) i'm a bit ticked off though. ups delivered it today at 4:25...the mail room closes at 4:30...arse wipes...xP

Archived