SaltCritters.com

What should I add next?

Integracer

I recently set up a 10 gallon nano after droolling over all the tanks in the members section. I have had the tank up for about 2 months. Now I don't know what to add next. I have a good amount of cash set aside but am not sure what would be a good addition. Also, I am not sure how much I can add without overpopulating the tank. Does anyone have any suggestions for fish or inverts that would be suitable for my tank? I would like to do a Clown fish and an anemone, is that a good idea for a beginner?

Heres the specs:

10 Gallon All-Glass

Aquaclear powerhead 201

Wisper Power filter

55 watt Power Compact light

16 lbs live rock

10 lbs live sand

10 lbs crushed coral

Heres what I've added so far:

1 Bicolor Pseudochromis

1 Brittle Star

1 Rock-Boring Urchin(the name concerns me)

1 Cleaner Shrimp

3 Scarlet Hermits

3 blue leg hermits

5 astrea snails

Red Mushrooms(flourishing)

some hitched-hiked feather dusters

I'd pull the brittlestar and the uchin out. Both get too big.

If you add the anenome in a tank that small its gonna trample any corals you put in there. Plus anenome's aren't very beginner or expert friendly.

I'd add some corals and a goby or something. That Bi-color isn't going to be too happy with another mid-water fish. Your lighting should support most corals even some of the less light intensive SPS

what's your color temp on your bulb/s? 10K, 6500k, actinic etc?

I second the goby suggestion if you're looking for another fish. They're meat-eaters, though. So, you'll have to figure that into your clean-up considerations. Although, they really prefer live food. If you can swing that, you'll lessen the impact on your cleaning schedule. Am I going back and forth on this one enough for you?

I love rics and zoos. So, that's what I'd go with next as far as corals.

Archived