Pod Your Reef

Next time someone tells you they have the smallest nano in the world, think again....

Nishant3789

hmmm well theres sum macro in it, and a few tiny peices of live rock "gravel" heh heh.... and one tiny frag of gsp..... i plan on foing probably an led or else, just float it in the fuge or main tank so temp stays stable....

how small chris? i dont see how you could possible get smaller than this....... its been setup about 2 days now, the polyps ahve even opened up.......

nishant

again i'd like to share my plans for "the pocket nano"

equipment:

one clear poncho with pockets (substitutable with clear rain coat)

goodies:

if you're like me, you already have sand in your pockets, but supplemental LS could be used. add the usualy SW and maybe a small piece of LR. (caution: to pointy branch pieces should be used for obvious reasons) be reasonable with the choice of coral... softies would be a good idea.

built in features:

you provide both the water movement and the heat! need to top off? run out in the rain. you'll stay dry and your tank will benefit from mother nature's friendliness. want to impress your friends? create a "bow front" effect by pulling your pocket into the open position by pinching the center of the material with your thumb and forefinger. WAH-LA! BOW FRONT! other integrated benefits to this type of system include convenient storage compartments: keep test kits, suppliments in the other pockets! also, the pocket-nano is eco friendly in that it is solar powered. no more MH jacking up your electricity bill.

edit: i considered fixing my mispellings, but forget it... i'm going to bed.

yeah, but is it biologicaly stable and able to support life?

me thinks the height of the tank will make it difficult to facilitate gasseious exchange, and your active surface area is way to small, and your cork stopper is blocking the light source. your Light will superheat the water as it has to be close to it to penetrate the pyrex glass tube. I think it will be difficult to keep your PH ballanced also..... let alone scrape coraline algae from the glass. :rolleyes:

good gag gift though.. hehehehe

Archived