Top Shelf Aquatics

7 Gallon Bow Internal Overflow

Zoner

Hi - this is my first post on this board. (after reading through hundreds of posts the past few weeks) I just bought an AGA 7 Gallon Bow (The ones I saw here were AMAZING looking), and I was wondering if there was any benefit to building my own overflow for it. I was thinking I could add a mechanical filter (just a pad of cotton or something), as well as a single layer of bioballs. Would there really be any benefit to doing this? See my drawing below if I'm making no sense. ???

The point would be to hide the powerhead and run floss?

I'd just run a HOB filter and an additional one of those very small power heads. Your design would work but it would be a pain in the behind to clean......and the powerheads do need cleaning.

harbingerofthefish

I see more work than the benefit outcome. It's a good idea, it's just that your eating up space n such a small space. Go to Wal Mart and get one of those 1 gallon tanks (the kind that are like 4x8x10) run a PH into it for input and raise it up over the back of the tank and drill for out put. Takes up less space and less work and gives more room for the filtration your looking at.

With a good LR/LS base you shouldn't really need the extra adition your looking at.

Its alright. I was just thinking it would be easy to do, I didn't really want anything hanging off of it except the power cords. I also figured that the water would always be the same height, even if I hadn't topped it off yet. I still may do it, just cause I'm dying to use the Dremel. :)

Archived