Top Shelf Aquatics

another Aquavase

rleon3003

im thinking about getting an aquavase cuz they look kool. i plan on having it come out like riotj's aquavase is. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...04&hl=riotj very nice. i did some searching on here and found this link, http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseac...d/3811/cid/1088 i read that a 7w 50/50 bulb should be bought and switched with the one that comes with the aquavase. i also read that its possible to switch it for the 9w 50/50 which if i could i plan on doing that. so can i get the 9w 50/50 bulb or should i just get the 7w 50/50 bulb if i get this pico?

i want to put a clean up crew inthe tank to keep it clean, but can i also add a sexy shrimp? or can i add 3? im only asking that cuz groups of 3 or more is recomended. but if i cant, no big deal. could i add a yellow watchmen goby?and a sexy or is that too much? or just one of of the two?

is the aquavase good to go wen it comes out of the box? or is there some things i need to do?

is putting LR rubble in the HOB a good idea and some cheato?

anything else u want to say?

thank for the help :D

i can have 3 sexies in a .75g?!?!?!?! that would be kool! i think thats gonna make me get it for sure. :D

irishtexan

I would say just get another of the clip on lights. Yes to the 3 sexies with clean up crew. Put some LR in the HOB. No cheato. No YWG. The aquavase is a really cool tank too. Cannot wait to see it setup!

texan

ps- sry to heat about the Sunpod, but on a brighter note, you get a new room!

ps- sry to heat about the Sunpod, but on a brighter note, you get a new room!

i no. that sucks. but i think once i get my room set up and everything ill have enough money to set it up again and get the sunpod. i hope.

thanx for the help. i want a aquavase!

I would say just get another of the clip on lights.

i want the tank to look as clean as can be. im not too crazy about having 2 clip ons. can i or can i not put a 9w bulb? it comes with a 7w but someone said a 9w would work good. and after seeing riotjs AV with a 7w bulb(even tho he had it rite on top of the tank) i want to c if i can do good with a 9w 50/50.

irishtexan

If riotj just used 1 7w and he even had luck with a torch coral. I think that a 9 watt would be fine.

texan

rleon - haven't been on this site in a while. The 7W 50/50 did just fine. I would think that the 9W would be a little longer and thus not fit in the lighting fixture which comes with the tank. The torch coral is not doing as good in my 2.5g - don't know why but it hasn't kicked the bucket yet. Just not expanding as it was in the .75. I think the problem is flow.

I keep on moving it around - but it is not happy.

bump

not the best shot of my Aquavase but It'll have to do. I just started it 3 weeks ago, fragging from my 10 gal and 37 gal

front view

post-21071-1152671297_thumb.jpg

Side View in bottom Left cornor you can kinda make out 1 of the pom pom crabs

post-21071-1152671478_thumb.jpg

Back view and the Zanzabaricus Shrimp AKA Gold coral banded shrimp

post-21071-1152671435_thumb.jpg

I love this tank there's nothing you can't get great detail on when its this small

I can't wait to see your's

Just the stock filter with an infused activated carbon pad and LR rubble in it. However I do about a half cup water change daily right after I top off FW if it needs the FW. I also use the SW from the same 5 gal jug so I always have the same salinity and ph. I dont use that jug to change any of the other tanks so it will last a long time. when it does run out I will start a new jug by drip method for the first few changes. we'll see how it works out.

Wait. That Nano Filter. It can hold LR?

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Products/KW/na...6/Itemdy00.aspx

That one?

yes that one but its LR rubble and I use the infused activated carbon pads cut to the right size and placed behind the intake tube. I use the carbon pads because I dont like the idea of any corals of any kind being in a tank w/o carbon to remove any toxins, not to mention the toxins you might introduce on the rare occasion you adjust rocks in the tank.

Obsessed Reefer

I meant LR rubble. Ok. one more question. can you measure the space where the rubble is. like LxWxH? If you can get to it. not the intake part, just where the filter pad would normally go.

thanks

• 2 months later...

Archived