Naturalreef

Hey:)

My new mini-bow 2 days old. Specs are:

AGA 7 Mini-bow

32 watt CSL Retro

Tronic 50 watt (80.4-80.8) prob because pumps cycling

2 Mini-jet 404's (throttled half-way)

Whisper HOB (10 gallon)

Red Sea Wavemaster pro (overkill yes. was given to me though:)

#10 live sand

#9 Figii Live Rock

Instant Ocean 1.023

The rock to the left has good life moving about it, can see the tube worms and saw an isopod last night with a flashlight. The rock on the right couldn't really see any life and the rock was not as porous as the left, wonder if I got jipped on that one..though I believe I did see a worm move about early this morning...do you think this rock will be okay? Just hope it wasn't just base rock thrown into the bin.

I frickin made a small scratch moving rock the other day, you can't really notice it, just wondering if you guys have scratched your tank when setup or during maintenance? I was pretty careful...Just wonder if this is inevitable to some extent down the line? You really have to look to notice it...

I really have good water movement with the mini-jets as well as the wavemaster...not too crazy but nice movement...The night mode is pretty cool...A little mini-ocean in my room:)..Been keeping the lights on a 6-8 hour photoperiod and will increase later to 11 hours after cycle..

Not sure how long it will take to cycle, I'm a little cautious about the test kits because of all the dang warnings on the label about reproductive,cancer through inhallation,etc,etc,....anyone not use a test kit? Anyways sorry for the dark pictures, will get better the more I take...Love this little setup, can't wait for the corals...plan on getting a clean-up crew...then one small fish and as for corals really want a xenia, leather, candy, def. Zoos!!green polyps, and ?? :) I really like the 7 gallon tank, small and still can have a reasonable stocking of inverts to make a nice addition to my room..I'll be sticking with this size in the future as well..<10 gallons.....Take care..........Nicholas

fc977578.jpg

fc977575.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p67780465cd40a0adcaaebca64be50d12/fc977574.jpg[/

Hah, in your first pic the right hand rock that has a piece extending into the middle and touching the left hand rock looks like a skull. I swear I can see a row of teeth and two eye sockets just in the middle looking piece. You hiding some evidence in there? :)

Hey thanks for the replies....

El Pez, I noticed that the other day as well..I just picked up a stand from petsmart and will be moving it tomorrow, thanks for noticing and watching my back!

Thanks Mnesarchus:)

Spoon, the funny this is, there is not a lot of life showing up on the rock to the right...I wanted to seed my tank properly, so a friend gave me a nice piece of rock and I left the right piece in a plastic bag all day on my bed(not Smart) and threw my friends piece in the tank..but it made it look too overcrowded, they both weigh the same but my friends piece is a lot more porous which accounts for the added size.....

So I was thinking, I liked the other piece better(sheesh) so I took it out of the bag on my bed and put all 3 in the tank till I make up my mind...I hope I didn't wreak havoc on the rock that was laying on my bed and hope new life will sprout in the next week, because I feel the original piece will stay as it will allow more room for corals to grow. Whats do you guys think? I also threw some carbon in for a few hours to clean things up and will take it out to let it cycle properly and hopefully tomorrow will be the last time I mess with the rock when I move the tank to my new stand......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived