ReefCleaners.org

1st corals?

jay2k2

What do you recommend and what was your 1st coral. I am getting a free frag of a tree coral from my cousin. But what would you recommend for a 1st coral. i have 25 gallon with 60watts!

mushrooms and polyps. other than those my first was capnella(kenya tree) and after that it was xenia then blaustomosa and candy cane or trumpet cral. also some green stars

printerdown01

Shrooms, stars, xenia, sarcophytons, and leathers are all good to start off with... The key is to do your research before you buy the peice! Know the requirements, and then place it in the tank, where ever it would be best suited...

printerdown01

Green stars are a good place to start, they are easy to care for, grow quikly, and are very beautiful! -Go for it!

Another nice coral that I don't hear championed much are clove polyps.  I have found them very hardy, fast growing, and very, very easy to frag (just pull some apart!).  And no I don't work for Clove Polyp.com! :)

printerdown01

Hey mmarquis, when you are talking about clove polyps are you reffering to clavularia or anthelia? The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking at buying some anthelia when I get back to the SF Bay Area, this weekend... So I would be interested in your take on them!!

i ended up buying yellow polyps they look sooooo cool!

and they were the same price anywas thought i would inform you!

Archived