Cultivated Reef

New 5 gal in the making

JJshiv

I had a freshwater 5 gal on my desk that I decided to make into a nano. I also had some extra aquaclears laying around. So this is what I have thrown together so far. I have the tank with an aquaclear 30 and an aquaclear 50. I plan on using the 30 as mechanical filtration and the 50 as a fuge. Pretty simple. Does anyone see any problems I might run into in the future?

101_0171_IMG.jpg

101_0172_IMG.jpg

looks like all ya gotta od is add your livestock rock sand ect. but it would be a good idea to scrub and clean those filters out really good,Chris

I got my lights in the mail yesterday. Its a 2x13w hood. I got it on ebay for $32. So far it works great. If anyone else is looking for a 2x23w system I would definitely go check out what the seller Aquariumlights from ebay has. After the lights got in I went and got some live rock. I plan on getting more but these are the only pieces the LFS had that I liked. I had just added the LR when I took the pics so its a little cloudy. Here are some pics.

101_0187_IMG.jpg

101_0185_IMG.jpg

Haha, ya it did take quite a long time. I plan on gettin some more live rock as soon as the LFS gets some new stuff. Those were the only 2 pieces they had that I liked. I think all the rest were too big anyways.

I actually did think about that. But what I decided to do is build my live rock up to hide it. Ive tried 2 different ways of putting it in, vertical or horizontal, and so far vertical is winning. I just gotta get more rocks.

Archived