Coral Vue Hydros

RO Unit

MWehr76364

I am in the process of moving into a townhouse and was wondering where the best place to place an RO Deinozation unit would be? And are these untis very hard to hook up as I have never had one before?

Thanks

Mike W

Wehr's Reptiles

Christopher Marks

Hi Mike!

Check out www.aquaticreefsystems.com. They are quite possibly the best place the get aquarium RO and RO/DI systems. Top of the line parts, and almost always the lowest prices.

Hooking up RO/DI's is really easy. For a less perminant connection, you can just hook it up to your sink's faucet. The other option would be to tap into a cold water line under your sink with a saddle valve, or install a compression fitting on one of your cold water lines in the house. Any way will work.

I just got my 4 stage unit from Aquatic Reef Systems and that thing is awesome!!! Very helpful people, nice unit and very easy to hook up. If you opt for a hose bib adapter, make sure you have plenty of teflon tape!!!

When hooking the unit up, I would choose a place where it is out of the way, but easy to get to. Also make sure it when you hook it up, you don't do any ir-reversible damage. If you ever move, you are going to want to take this thing with you.

In my house, I have a 3 piece rough in that I convert to a storage closet, so the plumbing was already there. A trip to Lowes for some fittings and a ball valve, some PVC pipe, and some glue and I was set. If you like, I will take some pics and post them tomorrow.

Archived