inTank Media Baskets

Cleanup crew help

Aggie05

Ok, I am sure this has been asked before but I can't find it using the search function. First question is when should I add the cleanup crew? My tank is cycled and I was going to get two percs this week but my LFS will not get a shipment this week so my only choice is Deathco and I would prefer to just wait. Should I add the cleanup crew first or after the fish, or does it even matter? Second question is what should I get? hermits scare me because I have read too much stuff about them killing snails and picking at coral. Any suggestions on snails for a 10 gallon and two peppermint shrimp would be appreciated. I would also like to have an emerald crab, but again, I have heard bad things. Thanks for any help given.

You can get the clean up crew either before or after...if you are going to get them before make sure its not too far before because they will need stuff to clean up...but the stuff on the live rock should hold them over for a little while

hermits are not that bad... they will rip the snails out of there shells if you dont provide them with extra shells

I hear more bad about the blue then the red if I was you I whould go with

2 pepperment shrimp

3 hermits

6 or 7 snails ( I use margita snails and astrea snails and they do a good job)

and maybe a couple of other things

as for the emrald crab I am not sure I have never had one

-Matt

Archived