inTank Media Baskets

Wow!!! HelloLights! Actinic!

nanobrad

What ever you do, replace your power compacts with HelloLights true Actinic bulbs. The color of my corals and tank is amazing. I am very happy with this company and their products.

Thanks... What wattage did you choose.  I am trying to find someone that has used thier 36 watters and loves them.

What other "k" bulb are matching it up with?  

Thanks,

Jim

any before/after pics?  i've ordered bulbs twice from hellolights, a 75W URI VHO 50/50 and a 36W PC 50/50, both of which i've been pleased with.  the PC daylight half is a full 10,000k and the actinic is .03.

Sorry I have no camera. I spend all my money of reefing.

Yea they did not have a 50/50 in a 13 watt. AHSupply did and I did order some but I like the look of the hellolights combination as stated above better. The AHSupply may not be a true actinic. They lable thier bulbs med. blue and dark blue. I don't know for sure. Just speculating on my part.

Is anyone sure if these are true actinic bulbs? I want to run actinic in PC form if I can, but from what I've been hearing since I started was that you have to go NO or VHO or halide for real actinic supplementation....

I have 2 55Watters ... one 03 atinic and 1 10k.

I used to have a CSL smartlight and those can't even compare.  I did a post on the difference a while ago.  you can check out my tank pics in members' section under "My new 20L"

Alot of people will hound me for saying this, but I just want to say this for the newbies that might be browseing...

Proper lighting on a reef tank is a mix of Daylight and Actinic that suits the tanks needs as well as your eye. Useing PC actinics is somewhat of a risk as most or all PC actinics are not true actinics. Its better and sometimes cheaper if you go with NO or VHO actinics if you want to spend the money. Then your PC lights run daylight bulbs. This setup can allow alot of lumens without alot of work for them. I run 2x 65w 10,000k PCs with 2x 30w NO Actinics. This stuits me fine and will make most corals very very happy. I would like to upgrade to VHO when I can afford it as I want my tank much more blue, but I would still have the daylight aspect of my 10,000k PC bulbs....

SleepingUgly

I just got a 13-watt PC retrofit with an actinic 03 bulb from HelloLight.  I'm using it for growing red macroalgae and coralline rocks in a 10-gallon.  

The light is beautiful and looks truly actinic.  By this, I mean it is an intense neon indigo when viewed directly, with purple and pink hues visible when cast onto objects in the tank.

Anyone have any strong opinions on CSL SmartLamps? I'm considering buying some this week and don't want to waste my money.

thegr8tdane

I ordered lights from ahsupply. U.P.S. brought them twice then sent them back. Now i have to pay shipping again to re-ship them. I'm going to pay it then demand a refund or I'll post how much they suck to my fellow 1000+ nano reefers.

what is the differnce? I've seen different descriptions from ahsupply and hellolights like they have actinic03, med. blue, 10,000k, 7,100k, dark blue, true actinic, and actinic. I'm confused.

The .03 actinic peaks at 430 where the PC blues peak at about 450 not much difference. But true actinics cause much more flourescence of the zooxanthelle living in the coral that is why true actinics are prefered over the PC blues your corals will not prolly notice the difference.

HTH,

Toy

Archived