inTank Media Baskets

Clownfish and an Open Brain

SoS

Anybody have any problems with a Clownfish forming a symbiotic relationship with an Open Brain?

The brain is not showing any adverse effects.

My Yellowstripe Maroon Brutus rarely leaves it.

55_Brutus_004.jpg

If your clowns getting fat give him a shrimp pellet. Which he tries to feed to my open brian. The shrimp pellet floats back up. He's been trying to get it to stay on the open brain for an hour now.

Up down up down up down.:D :D poor guy

Mine does the exact same thing with my open brain. Lays down right on top of it at night. Only problem I have is when I feed my brain little pieces of shrimp, I have to make sure the clown doesn't steal it. Otherwise, she's been doing it for months with no ill effect.

I had a pair of oscillaris clowns that hosted in a green open brain for a year (until we had to dismantle the tank). No adverse effects, IMO. The brain was slightly perturbed for about a week, after that, it opened right back up. It was actually quite an interesting relationship!

Enjoy watching yours!

I have had a pair of oscillaris clowns host in my GOB now for three years with no adverse affect, but they do go through periods in which they will either feed or steel food from it???. I place a top of a plastic bottle (coke bottle cut on half) over my GOB at feeding time (easy to do since its on the sand) when the little buggers wanna get greedy and have all the food for themselves, ensuring that the coral gets enough.

Its so cute to watch them 'snuggle' up to the GOB .. looks like one big soft pillow:P.

brain.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get a picture of the clowns with the GOB but evertime I go near the tank they think I am gonna feed em. X) :

Cavil B)

that brain is a little big for a coke bottle(7 inches across) But I've probably got some tupperware bowl laying around I can use. They both seem healthy and happy so I'll let them go for now.

Actualy. I did have one decline. a perky was thrashing very hard in it. it opened up tears in the flesh after it caused the brain to bleach. it was absolutely awesome before when It was alone. too bad. It was one of the few corals I could part with 80.00 for and justify it.

and now. DEAD.

damn land lord even chucked the skeleton I was bleaching... bastard !

it is in the center of an old 10 gal tank pic I posted in members section last year.

Well My Clown moved from the brain to the Alveopora and that was no good he was killing it. SO I ran to the LFS and picked up him up a proper buddy. They are both in 7th heaven. The Bubble tip anenome has expanded to 4 times the size it was at the LFS and the clownfish hasn't left it yet.

55_Brutus_005.jpg

55_Brutus_006.jpg

My clown is very opinionated about who should be eating in my nano. If I don't keep her away from my brain when I feed it a piece of shrimp, she will steal the shrimp and carry it over to a crevice in my rockwork where she will hold it while my bristleworm phil and my hermits eat it.

Archived