Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fish dying!help pls!

chasieboy

I have my tank(24 g nano) for 2 months now and everytime im putting fish in my tank they are dying after weeks im getting frustrated..I've been checking everyother day my ammonia,nitrate,ph,salinity,temp on 80 etc..they're on the safe measurement,I have 2 sebae and 1 false clown and 1 blue tang janitors cleaner shrimp,2 sebae anemone,3 corals and just last this morning i saw 1 sebae clown dead,hes been acting weird last night and kinda have some white spot all over the body(sound like an ICH)..recently my tang had an ICh and treated the tang to a hospital tank for a wk and the ICH was gone and put him back on my aquarium now hes getting some white spots again throughout his body again..what should i do now???

PS..im changing my water every 2 weeks

FIRE SHRIMP are a good source of help out th ICH the ofter build a "hospital" within your rockwork there fish with the ICH can go to get treatment.

do u have a skimmer if u dont you need to do at least 10-20% water changes evry week

Do more research before you buy. Just to warn you, the tang police will be banging on your door. The anemone police as well. Neither Sebae anemones nor tangs should be in NC 24. That is also way too much livestock for a 2 month old tank. Different species of clowns should not be mixed either. You should have maybe a fish or two, corals and no anemones at this stage in the game. Take it slow and don't get anything until you r tank stabilizes.

Your animals are stressed and will continue to die. Return the anemones and the tang to the LFS for credit. Bump up to weekly water changes, and immediately do a large one ~25% when somthing dies. You are probably on the verge of a tank crash. Drastic measures are needed here.

Take a water sample to the LFS when you go, your readings are probably not nominal.

FishFreak87

yes u need to slow down i had that same problem with my 12 gallon nano and thats why i moved to a 50 gal... u need to do what he said and take some stuff back to the lfs ...personally i wait about 1 month before i asss anything like live rock or fish or any livestock because yur tank has to stabilize with the new critte ...everytime u add somthing u usally get a spike... just be patient and dont rush and it should work out ... irecomend u do a 20 % watter change everyweek... just to be safe of a crash thanks cya

...personally i wait about 1 month before i asss anything like live rock or fish

Fish and livestock should not be administered rectally :haha:

also read up on ich. once its in your tank, you need to keep the tank FISHLESS for at least 40 days so the protozoans do not complete their cycle. as long as you add fish, the chances that they will get ich will be 100% during the cycle. the spots will appear, then disappear, then reappear ten fold. read up on hyposalinity treatment, uv sterilizers, copper treatment in your quarantine, etc.

could it be that the anemone are dieing and they are poisoning the tank or could it be that the clowns killed the sebae i dont think ich would kill the fish that fast and maybe the tang is the culprit maybe hes a natural born fish killer,,,,you know they have sharp little teeth,,,, any bite marks on the dead fish........tangs are ich magnets ,,,they get ich just by getting stressed

These fish are stressed and/or being poisoned. Normally peaceful fish like these may harrass each other, but they are not normally able to kill each other overnight.

Tangs use their tail spike to attack as their mouths are ill suited to agressive biting. Any teeth marks would probably be post mortem.

Archived