Top Shelf Aquatics

autotopoff for pico?

yardboy

Hey Guys.

I've got a pico that's been running for about six months now, simple with xenia, zoanthids, yellow polyps and a frag of anacropora. Everythings doing fine, my bluelegs keep everything pretty clean, but I just put a sexy shrimp in the tank and I'm concerned about topoff. I usually just top it off every evening when I come home from work but it reqauires about 50mls, and with a 1.5L tank, that's a substantial change in salinity. I'm trying to figure how in the world to do a topoff in such a tiny tank with no sump. I'll post pictures tonight. Hopefully someone has a system that's cheap and easy ?!

phiberxoptic
Hey Guys.

I've got a pico that's been running for about six months now, simple with xenia, zoanthids, yellow polyps and a frag of anacropora. Everythings doing fine, my bluelegs keep everything pretty clean, but I just put a sexy shrimp in the tank and I'm concerned about topoff. I usually just top it off every evening when I come home from work but it reqauires about 50ms, and with a 1.5L tank, that's a substantial change in salinity. I'm trying to figure how in the world to do a topoff in such a tiny tank with no sump. I'll post pictures tonight. Hopefully someone has a system that's cheap and easy ?!

I use Undertheradar's design of a battery powered auto top off...I have very pleased with it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;p=entry

Also, check out this link..

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63394

Happy reefin'

travisurfer

get a kent aquadose from www.marinedepot.com

it is a reservoir that you set the drip rate to so that it drips at the same rate of your evap. (get the 1400ml one)

Perpetual98

I set one up on my 2.5g tank because that was the most frustrating part of the 2.5g tank. :) I did the float switch running on 12V and the relay to open a solenoid. Fairly easy, took me about an afternoon. Totally ghetto though, but it gets the job done. :)

Thanks Guys!

Greenuku's in the DIY library is the oneI will try. The tank is so small even the small float switches suggested by several are way too big. I'd been thinking about some type of air-limited rig and I think that is it. I'll post my pics this evening of the tank and get to work on the setup.

Archived