SaltCritters.com

Not sure what to make of this... (help)

GobyMan

So today I get home and look at my tank, and find a new hitchhiker.  I have no idea what it is, but am thinking it may be a nudi, I'm not sure if I should leave it alone or remove it.  Here is a brief description:

It is all white and looks kind of like an oval.  All around the edges it has small hair like threads extending from it.  It doesn't seem to be moving right now, it is on the glass near my small powerhead.  The tips on each end of the oval look brownish....

I know that the description isn't the best, I am going to try and get a picture to post and maybe that will help.  

This is the first time in the month that I have had this tank going that I have seen this strange creature.....

Any help/advice would be appreciated.  Oh, and I did check the hitchhikers FAQ and that is where I got the idea that it was a nudi, but the FAQ seemed to indicate that most Nudi's were very colorful......

vanillabox

sounds like the limpit I have,  shouldn't be a problem unless you have an acrylic tank.  they can cause scratchs.

It doesn't seem to have a shell that I can see...

I had a limpet once in one of my bigger tanks, don't they have a shell that looks like a pointed hat?

Archived