Top Shelf Aquatics

5g up and running

Candi_MI

Brought home my new 5g hex this past week... came with LS & small piece of LR, purchased an additional 7lbs of LR from a reefer 5mins away from me (fully cured) and got a free zoa frag & mushroom from another (they aren't very colorful but hey they were free and give me some practice before I start spending)

*yes I know the fake orange starfish is cheesey, but I have a 2yr old who isn't all that impressed with brownish mushrooms/zoas or LR LOL

Granted this tank will be short lived, I really want a fish or two so we'll be getting a 12 or 24g aquapod soon.

post-20992-1151331425_thumb.jpg

post-20992-1151331438_thumb.jpgpost-20992-1151331446_thumb.jpgpost-20992-1151331455_thumb.jpgpost-20992-1151331467_thumb.jpg

Well DARNIT! Just got the ID on the algae I saw on the cured LR I bought from a local reefer yesterday... HAIR ALGAE, bloody hell so much for thinking I was doing a smart thing by buying from someone local.

I took out the rock with it and scrubbed it off, hopefully with some blue legs it'll be ok. I'd hate to have wasted the $30 on rock... do you think I'll be ok or should I ditch the piece with the hair algae (or move it into a quarenteen container?) I just don' want it to spread to the other rocks.

yup, posted in beginners about the algae, this is my "here's my tank and watch it unfold" thread ;)

comment really belongs in the other thread but ... seller offered to replace the rock in question with one from another tank, probably being anal but I'm going to do that.

Going to get a clean up crew today too.

Archived