SaltCritters.com

Assuming these are pods

Aggie05

Looked at the tank today and noticed these for the first time today, they are all over the glass and I am very excited to see them. Just want some verification that they are pods. The pic was taken in macro mode on a 2288x1712 resolution just to give you an idea of the size of them.

i have a non related question fer aggie5 i see in your sig you have a 20L brackish,sorry fer hijacking the thread but a friend of mine just setup a eclipse tall tank,and i told him to do a brackish tank.ive never even look up specs on any brackish tank could u please give me some details on yous tank,and maybe even a pic?

my lfs has sweet brackish stuff,and he's only 2 mins away!

also can you have a planted brackish setup?

Originally posted by deacon hemp

i have a non related question fer aggie5 i see in your sig you have a 20L brackish,sorry fer hijacking the thread but a friend of mine just setup a eclipse tall tank,and i told him to do a brackish tank.ive never even look up specs on any brackish tank could u please give me some details on yous tank,and maybe even a pic?

my lfs has sweet brackish stuff,and he's only 2 mins away!

also can you have a planted brackish setup?

To answer your questions. It really isn't any different than a FW setup except there is a little salt in the water. I acutally kept all the plants I had in the tank when it was FW and they seem to be doing fine. I am using a penguin 170 with the biowheel and it seems to be ok, alhtough I haven't tested the tank in a while and probably shoudl becasue it seems to get dirty quicker now. I have playsand on the bottom as sediment and the fish seem to like it. Other than that it isn't any different. I usually have the SG around 1.005 to 1.008 and not much higher because the barbs and catfish probably can't tolerate it but I have heard that if done slow enough the puffer can go full salt. Thats about it. here are some pics.

Archived