Innovative Marine Aquariums

Installing Fan Wiring for NanoCustoms Dual Ballast Kit

paulraposo

Hi all,

I just received the 12g DX - Dual Ballast Kit - PREBUILT BALLAST from NanoCustoms. I also got the Moonlight Kit. The shipment came with instructions for the Moonlight kit, but not for the fan wiring. The "fan wiring kit" comes with an adapter and 12v AC power supply. The adapter has 2 wires and plugs into the AC power supply.

I can call NanoCustoms tomorrow and get this answer, but I was hoping to get this done today. Does anyone know how to wire the AC adapter into the fans?

Thanks.

You have to solder the adapter to the fan wires. Twist the two red fan wires together and the two black ones and solder to the adapter. Cover with heat shrink tubing or electrical tape. Then plug into the AC adapter.

Hi all,

I just received the 12g DX - Dual Ballast Kit - PREBUILT BALLAST from NanoCustoms. I also got the Moonlight Kit. The shipment came with instructions for the Moonlight kit, but not for the fan wiring. The "fan wiring kit" comes with an adapter and 12v AC power supply. The adapter has 2 wires and plugs into the AC power supply.

I can call NanoCustoms tomorrow and get this answer, but I was hoping to get this done today. Does anyone know how to wire the AC adapter into the fans?

Thanks.

Archived