SaltCritters.com

Set up advice for AGA 7 gal

uscreef

okay... I haven't been able to procure a Alife 7 so I'm just going to get a 7 gal bowfront I think so here's my initial setup, what do you guys think?

7 Gal bowfront

32 watt CSL lighting (seems to be the thing to get)

Rio 90

50 watt heater

12-14 lbs LR

5 lbs? of LS

Prism eventually...

So that's it... I'd stay with the stock lighting as it starts to cycle and then add the retro a little into the cycle so that I can go on and start it cycling... I guess add the cleanup crew a week or so after I set it up and add the LR and LS... should I put a test fish in to help it cycle if I can't get stuff from an established tank?

dojnt use test fish. there is no reason to kill fish to test the water. just set your tank up let the temp stabilize for 24 hours then add lr and ls. feed your tank fish food everyday very small amounts which will help your cycle. add the cleanup crew around 10 or so days after everything is set up. adding light now or later doesnt really matter.

Good advice SLOreefer.

Toy

Ps. for ease of setup i suggest adding sand/rock BEFORE water you will not get as cloudy that way.

(Edited by Toyfreek at 1:30 pm on May 18, 2002)

okay.... one last thing... should I go with RO water if I can find it at the LFS or is plain ole houston tap water okay? (from what I read I really shouldn't even ask... but thought I would anyway :) )

if you can i wouldnt use tap water unless you know exactly what is in it. sometimes it isnt that bad but i would nt recomend it. use ro if you can for sure

Archived