SaltCritters.com

Custom Nano Questions

kevin4052002

kevin4052002

I am new to the nanocube and would like to purchase a 12DX. I have been looking at NanoCustoms' mikeguerrero Sig. Ed. It states a total of 102w. My main question, would a crocea clam and/or rose BTA do well under this lighting, or should I go for MH? Another question, running 6 lights, should I invest in an ICA chiller? My room temperature maxes out at 78F, and the minimum in winter is 66 or so.

I would also be switching out the pump for a MJ900 w/ HydorFlo, along with a skimmer/overflow mod, if that helps.

Thanks.

Kevin

Mike Guerrero Ed.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the JBJ nanocubes. You are better off just starting with a regular tank and adding whatever you need. I have one of the cubes and they are just pain because you have to do so many mods to get what you actually want/need.

kevin4052002

Would you recommend ANY all-in-ones?

I really like the look of them. I don't mind modifications. Would it be cheaper/easier to buy a stock DX and just mod it?

Thanks.

Kevin

I'd suggest getting something that includes MH lighting like the aquapod 24g w/ 150w Sunpod. The clam and bta will thank you for it. Save yourself the time because you'll outgrow the 12g and its PC lighting.

Its in the same price range w/ your first option.

random_ryan

you can get nano's with MH go to the website. I have a 6 gallon nano me and my son started as a project. now I am thinkin I should have gone with a 25 deluxe dx. also if your a beginner the nano's are perfect. the 2007 model is suppose to kick rear. you could just buy the nano tank and buy different lighting. my buddy has an aqua pod and just all that hang on stuff is not attractive. jmo. hey kevin if you like the nano go with it. its not what other people like its what you like. also nano customs sells full set ups. check em out

kevin4052002

I have one major concern, I want a hood/canopy and to have every single item contained within the original JBJ perimeter. If I were to get an in-hood MH, are the heat issues rediculous? Would it be easy enough to retrofit a 150w into a JBJ24DX? I don't care about "actinic supplementation" either.

Thanks.

Kevin

Archived