Coral Vue Hydros

Tank Opinions?

hannahs

very cool looking tanks...i would love to have one for my office...my only thought is that they seem under lighted as far as wattage per gallon goes

Someone told me that T5 lighting is 3 times better than other types of flourescent lighting and that you don't need as many watts, but I don't know if this is true. I am wondering what types of corals you could keep under those lights. I really like the shape and look of this tank but I'm not interested if the light isn't good enough. If it's not a good enough light then this tank is definitely overpriced IMO.

Someone told me that T5 lighting is 3 times better than other types of flourescent lighting and that you don't need as many watts, but I don't know if this is true. I am wondering what types of corals you could keep under those lights. I really like the shape and look of this tank but I'm not interested if the light isn't good enough. If it's not a good enough light then this tank is definitely overpriced IMO.

I clicked on the 'reviews' button and no reviews had been submitted. Perhaps no one has taken the time to write one, but it sort of makes you wonder. But a glass box is a glass box--hard to screw that up.

T5 is a lot more efficient than regular or even PC fluorescents, it does cost more though. It also gives off a bit less heat.

As for the tank itself, it looks good, but I've never seen it in person nor heard about it.

newbie opinion, for the price I'd probably go with a aquapod 12 instead... no T5's but 4.5 watts per gallon (I believe), 12g vs 5g, and it's cheaper.

Skip the aquapod.... my first tank was an all in one but i regretted it and moved into a tank that i could customize. There are so many more options and most people end up outgrowning their all in one tank. My .02

Looks like a nice setup.

T5's are the most b*tchin cool lights ever along with MH and VHO.

No reviews becaue it is a brand new product and fairly new company.

Archived